Monday, December 1, 2008

Catch up time!


A couple of weeks after retreat I took a trip to visit these two guys! They live smack dab in the middle of potato country. Actually it's the southeastern portion of potato country. I sure wish they didn't live sooooo far away!


Adam is a big ham. He saw I was taking his picture and immediately started smiling. At the same time he's preparing for the flash.


Brandon is seen here posing with his I Spy Quilt that I made for him for his second birthday.




While I was visiting at my daughter's house we went to one of the craft stores in town and bought some place mats, purse handles, and fabric for lining. These little purses are really fun to make and I got the directions here. I made my daughter make one too. She didn't like the handles she chose. They were not the right size for the bag. Live and learn.




About a week after returning from Grandkid land I had to move my mother with Alzheimer's into our home. It will be a challenge and I don't know how long this arrangement will work. I'm just taking it a day at a time. All I can say is thank god for the Alzheimer's Day Care that she's been attending for about eight months now. The people that work there are so good at what they do. They are definitely angels on earth.




Thanksgiving was one of the best we've ever had. It would have been the best if our daughter Kimberly and her family were here. My new daughter in law made place cards and decorated/set our dining room table. I'm so glad she did too. It's my least favorite part of having guests over. I'm usually scrambling at the last minute trying to get it done. Now that she's showed us her talents, she's got the job as long as she wants it!



The last item to catch up on is the Advent quilt I made for my grandsons. It's all filled and on it's way to them. It will get there in a couple of days but they're too young to know what date it is anyway! I know they'll have fun looking inside the pockets for the treats. Next year I'll just have to send the treats and my daughter can put them inside the pockets.




Whew! That was a lot to catch up on. I'll be posting later on some cute little skirts I'm making. Till then happy sewing!

1 comment:

Aleyta said...

It was my favorite thanksgiving too!! Okay. I'm going to post the photos on my blog now, so tell everyone they can go to mine to see them!!! Love you!!

PS You can throw my redbull in the fridge away. I forgot to get it yesterday!! haha