Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Favorite Quilting Tool

There are a few quiltmaking tools that I just can't live without. One is my Roxanne Thimble. I've had my Roxanne Thimble for probably 15 years now. Mine is sterling silver, which they no longer sell because it was quite cost prohibitive, but they do have gold and silver plated bronze along with polished bronze thimbles.

Pictured above is by far my favorite rotary cutter. I cannot cut without this cutter. Oh, sure I have other rotary cutters, but none of them hold a candle to this design. It does take some getting used to. It took me a few months after I bought it to even take it out of it's packaging and try to use it. This was all psychological hindrance. Once I actually started using it I found that it was highly superior (in my opinion) to all the others I had tried. I took the above picture from Martelli's Website. It appears they are having a sale! This is the website that showcases all their products. They have an online store where they offer them for sale too.

I believe this is a family company and my personal experience is that they have excellent customer service.

What's your favorite quiltmaking tool?

Editor's Note: I sent an email to the Martelli Company to let them know I was posting about their product and give them the opportunity to correct anything I may have posted in error. The following was their gracious response:

[The Martelli family would like to thank you from the bottom of our heart for the support!!!!! We hope the cutter will help those who desperately need it. My Dad designed it for my grandmother who was in desperate need of an ergonomic cutter.Thanks again for the kind words]

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the link to the rotary cutter! I got to try your cutter @ retreat and I really liked it. It's different at first, but easier on the hand. I think I'll be ordering one, thanks to you!