Monday, October 20, 2008

Tushy Cushion from a great Tutorial

As I said in a previous post, I have been spending time reading lots of sewing and quilting blogs. I found this great blog http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/ This blog has lots of tutorials and I've been perusing them for awhile. I saw this great tutorial for a cushion here. http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=527 I thought, "I could do that"!



My close friends and family know that in my kitchen I have a built in desk area where I spend most of my day doing paperwork and playing, I mean working on the computer. I sit on a chair with two pillows under my tushy. I like to be sitting taller than the chair alone gets me. I thought it was time to make my own fancy tushy cushion. Here is what I came up with with the help of the tutorial mentioned above.




The tutorial explained everything very clearly. It made piping easy! The zipper was even easier!!!



It even has handles so I can take it to my quilt retreats. I'll definitely be bringing this to my next retreat which so happens to be on Friday!!! I can't wait.


1 comment:

Roberta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.