Ugh! Looks like my computer froze after I was almost finished with this post and I lost all of it so I have to do this over! Here it goes.
I was tagged by my friend Sharon. I'm supposed to list 6 random or quirky things about me. Following my list are the rules and the next innocent victims.
1. Whenever I've wanted to learn how to do something in life such as sewing, quilting, or baking bread; I've read books and taught myself how to do it. Trial and error came into play as well which leads to number 2.
2. When I was a teenager trying to bake bread I baked an awful lot of bricks. I would use water that was too hot and killed the yeast. The dough wouldn't rise and I'd have baked bricks instead of bread. I'm happy to report that I now make bread regularly. Hardly ever have to buy it in the store anymore! Yay for me!!!
3. I'm not afraid of spiders or snakes. Just last September at our Son's rehearsal (BBQ) dinner we found a tarantula and I held it which freaked out a few people. It was so cool. I will often catch spiders in the house and release them outside. They are amazing artists!!!
4. We used to have ducks as pets. It started with Peety and then Fred & Wilma, then Bigfoot and Waddles, then Harold & Hannah.
5. I hate to shop unless it's for books or fabric. Even then I've slowed down quite a bit.
6. I'm like the Princess and the pea. My bed has to be soft and comfy. The sheets and quilts have to be just right or I can't sleep well. One time we stayed at a small Inn in Pismo Beach, the bed was so hard I woke up crying!
Now the following people have been tagged! (Sorry!)
Kim at The Mad House
Aleyta and Matt at The Wife Diaries
Carolyn and Jeanne (no blog yet but I'll try to get them to start one)
I know I don't have 6 people tagged which breaks rule number four, but rules were made to be broken!
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Put the rules on the blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
July Quilty Box Gift-Away!
3 hours ago