Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Vacations and Quilt Shops

My husband and I go to Oregon once a year to visit his 93 year old Uncle around his birthday. We usually turn it into a mini vacation for the two of us. We have covered nearly all of the Oregon coast and part of Washington on our trips. We have traveled from Long Beach, Washington down to Florence, Oregon.
All along the way we visit quilt shops! My husband's only request is that I pose in front of the shop and let him take a picture. I comply with his request and then he tells me to take my time shopping. He is such a great guy! He knows I have fabric up the ying yang and never complains about my new purchases.
This trip we went from Newport down to Florence. We thought this sign directing us to how many miles it is to all the Florences in the world was too cool.
The small town of Florence has two quilt shops. They are very different from each other but both are great. My absolute favorite was the 'Joy of Quilting' shop. They were very welcoming and friendly. The decor is bright and cheery. The shop has most fabrics already cut in fat quarters and 1 yard cuts. I can't tell you how much I love that! I hate dragging bolts around while I shop. There was a comfy chair for my husband to sit in with a dish of chocolate for him to nibble and they also gave me a free seam ripper as a little gift and also one for my friend Jeanne back home.

No comments: